Bestproduct Reviews
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

Under $ 1 filter change for AquaTech WM aquarium filters

Go down

Under $ 1 filter change for AquaTech WM aquarium filters Empty Under $ 1 filter change for AquaTech WM aquarium filters

Bài gửi by Admin Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:16 pm

If you're looking to save some cash on replacement filters for $ 10-15 "5/15" Aquatech brand 5 gallon fish tank filters, here's how.

There are two methods that I will discuss here (using part of a factory filter to hold "activated carbon" charcoal substance, and skipping it entirely by cutting just a piece of cloth to fit the filter machine. There are two filters that you can replace But you are a "biofilter" and shouldn't be replaced unless there is a problem with it. Mine has some kind of pink algae or mold covered in it and got thrown out. Instead of buying a new filter just buy the bio-filter I was trying to get one due by the time I could go to the store. It works well for aquarium use and works great for a frost free chicken water bucket, a lizard or crab aquarium / habitat, or a bait bucket.

Step 1: purchase your filters of material and cut

It's super easy. Go to the HD hardware store, and ask the clerk for this product. Make sure you scrub the type that is used for dishes, not sanding or for carpentry work. Those for dish laundry are simply made of synthetic fibers and do not contain any toxic substances or powders. They come in packs of 6 for around $ 1 to $ 2. The factory filters are $ 3 or slightly cheaper in bulk packs, but shipping may apply. The ones I make can be flushed in a garden sprayer and used again at least once, maybe multiple times, depending on your application, your tank or water conditions and maintenance, and your "bio-load" (how many fish are there eating and pooping).

Take the green scouring pad, pressed against the factory filter (you get at least one with the filter machine), resize, nick or mark it, and cut to size. (worry about the width, not the height. I'll explain this in a minute).

(If you are replacing the "biofilters", see next for that.)

If the filter change is too wide, it "bends" and doesn't seal the seal well, but works. If it is too tight it will not seal and will not and will not filter well.

Note: I originally posted with the filter on the side. Hahha. I found out that I was using them was wrong. There is a notch that matches the water hose and a small cutaway on the top of the filter that prevents flooding when the filter is full. The green scrubbies work, especially when cut properly, or sometimes don't even need to be cut when they are a little shorter than the factory filters. Just keep an eye on them when they are full of dirt.

The green scrubbie is shorter than the factory filter, which is already designed, not to cause an overflow if water goes over the edge when the filter is clogged. You can replicate this feature without bypass notches, but I prefer them for high flow and the action that the water traversing the filter media has trapping particles.

Step 2: installing the filter, making replacement bio-filters if necessary

If your original biofilter (designed to catch some healthy aquarium bacteria and / or plant life and "seed" the water to prevent toxic conditions for the fish) is damaged, lost or contaminated, you can thoroughly clean the machine as well replace the bio-filter with this material.

The green scrubbie will be too narrow to stay put in the plastic holder. You can cut two pieces to fit (trial and error, nip away a bit until it's snug. I left a gap in the middle of me to facilitate rapid water flow. The water will mostly go through the bio-filter, however increased fluidity keeps the waterfall stable in the end and makes a soothing sound.

To copy the work, peel off the filter and reuse the plastic sheet with new charcoal, just use the original blue media with pliers. Scratch the surface where it has been held with a hobby knife or file, or rub on a sidewalk to grind it away. It doesn't have to be perfect. Cut (carefully, with good scissors or a hobby knife against a safe cutting surface) the new green material to trace the template of the plastic retention piece (including matching the notches for the water flow on the sides). Use a hot glue gun to hold the new piece along the sides and bottom. No need to stick you on top of the green filter. It is short.

(Adhesive gun photo came from Amazon
B0002KR9DY

Step 3: maintain and replace the filters

You can simply flush the filters as a prevention of obstruction or smelly contamination (full filters). If the Fi Older really clogged or not easy to clean, just throw it in the trash.

If you make a lot of copies of the cheap scrubbie pads, they should be set for a long time and ready to quickly replace the filter when necessary.

If you're using the one glued to the factory filter plastic sheet, you should possibly dump the charcoal and power-rinse, add more charcoal, and move it with your fingers to make the filter fit back into the filter machine. I recommend replacing the charcoal when you remove or clean the filter.

You can tear off the scrubbie padding material and scrape the glue off the plastic sheet and dry it, before repeating the building process to make new ones. The filter plate should take at least half a dozen filters to replace it. Friends with a similar machine may need to re-cycle (plastic sheets) their filters for you to save.

Good luck and thank you, Instructables.

Admin
Admin

Tổng số bài gửi : 35

https://bestproductreviews.forumvi.com

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Về Đầu Trang